Discover how Artintech ERP revolutionizes the Make to Stock manufacturing process, integrating procurement, warehouse and inventory management, BOM, manufacturing orders, sales, invoicing, and shipping & distribution for maximized operational efficiency.
Make to Stock (MTS) process typically involves the following steps in a manufacturing facility:
1. Production Planning: Based on the demand forecast, the company plans its production schedule. This involves determining the quantity of each product that needs to be manufactured and the timeline for production. Use Manufacturing Module for this step.
2. Procurement of Materials: The necessary materials for production are procured based on the production plan. This could involve ordering from external suppliers or pulling from existing inventory. Procurement Module will help you with this step.
3. Production: The manufacturing process begins according to the production schedule. This could involve various tasks such as assembly, machining, painting, etc., depending on the nature of the product. Use Manufacturing Module For this step.
4. Quality Assurance: After production, the products are inspected to ensure they meet the company’s quality standards. Any defective products are either discarded or repaired. Check our Quality Control Solution for this step.
5. Inventory Management: The finished products are stored in a warehouse or inventory until they are sold. The company needs to manage this inventory effectively to avoid overstocking or understocking. Artintech ERP’s Warehouse Management System make this step easy.
6. Sales: Products are marketed and sold to customers. This could be through various channels such as physical stores, online platforms, or direct sales to other businesses. Use the intuitive Sales CRM module to streamline this step.
7. Order Fulfillment: When a customer order is received, the product is retrieved from inventory, packaged, and shipped to the customer. Shipping and Distribution Module will help you handle this step.
8. Customer Service: After delivery, the company may follow up with the customer to ensure satisfaction and address any issues.
These steps can vary based on the specific industry and nature of the product being manufactured. An ERP system like Artintech can help manage these steps effectively, ensuring efficiency and customer satisfaction.
Delving into the world of manufacturing, a number of industries employ the Make to Stock (MTS) strategy to meet their customer demands. Here, we spotlight some of such industries that extensively use this approach:
Manufacturers of devices like smartphones, TVs, and laptops could benefit from an ERP system to manage their complex supply chains.
Food and Beverage:
This industry often uses MTS to produce goods for grocery stores, restaurants, and other food service locations.
Businesses that produce home or office furniture could use ERP for managing inventory and production.
Companies that produce toys often use MTS, especially around high-demand periods like the holiday season.
While there are stringent regulations, companies in this industry often use MTS strategies.
Personal Care Products:
Manufacturers of items like cosmetics, skincare, and personal hygiene products often use MTS.
Companies that manufacture refrigerators, washing machines, ovens, and other home appliances often use MTS.
Sporting Goods Manufacturing:
Businesses that produce sporting goods, such as fitness equipment, camping gear, and athletic apparel, often use MTS strategies.
Each of these industries, with their unique challenges, stands to benefit from an ERP system like Artintech, which can streamline operations, improve efficiency, and increase profitability by effectively managing the MTS process.
Get started with Artintech ERP today and streamline your business operations. Sign up now to achieve your business goals with our powerful suite of modules.